(2013) (Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A pair of anti-love singles are tricked into falling in love, all while others attempt to sabotage an upcoming wedding.
- Leonato (CLARK GREGG) is the governor of Messina and is pleased to host his friend, Don Pedro (REED DIAMOND), at his estate following Don Pedro's victorious campaign over his traitorous brother, Don John (SEAN MAHER). Don Pedro is accompanied by two of his officers, Benedick (ALEXIS DENISOF) and Claudio (FRAN KRANZ), with the latter instantly falling in love with Leonato's daughter, Hero (JILIAN MORGESE). That results in hastily arranged marriage plans, something confirmed bachelor Benedick and Hero's confirmed bachelorette cousin Beatrice (AMY ACKER) believe to be masochistic foolishness.
Seeing that those two get along like cats and dogs, the others playfully attempt to manipulate them into falling love. Unbeknownst to them, however, Don John -- who's arrived with his allies Borachio (SPENCER TREAT CLARK) and Conrade (RIKI LINDHOME) -- is plotting to ruin Claudio and Hero's pending nuptials by involving her maid, Margaret (ASHLEY JOHNSON). Sensing that someone is up to no good, estate security officer Dogberry (NATHAN FILLION) and his bumbling team try to get to the bottom of that plot, all while Benedick and Beatrice do indeed start to fall for one another.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of someone in the cast and/or are into Shakespeare, it's highly unlikely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sexuality and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.