(2013) (Jason Statham, James Franco) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A former DEA agent and his 10-year-old daughter run afoul of a drug lord when they move to a small Southern town.
- Phil Broker (JASON STATHAM) is a DEA agent whose final bust brings down a ruthless, drug-dealing motorcycle gang led by Danny T (CHUCK ZITO), who watches his own son gunned down and swears vengeance on Broker. Phil, a widower, decides to retire and move with his 10-year-old daughter, Maddie (IZABELA VIDOVIC), to a quiet, small town in the South and keep his former law-enforcement past a secret.
The town turns out to be anything but quiet. After Maddie beats up a bully at school, she and Broker draw the wrath of the kid's drug-addicted mother, Cassie (KATE BOSWORTH), and her brother, Gator (JAMES FRANCO), a ruthless local drug lord. The local sheriff (CLANCY BROWN) is no help. But fortunately, Broker befriends a local man named Tito (OMAR BENSON MILLER), who gives him the scoop on who's who and what's what in town, and the school psychologist, Susan (RACHELLE LEFEVRE), who he flirts with.
Gator soon learns Broker's true identity and finds out about Danny T's vendetta against him. He senses an opportunity to take his small-time operation to larger markets. So, he gets in touch with his old accomplice, Sheryl (WINONA RYDER), and offers Danny T and his minions on the outside Broker and his daughter in return for distribution and drug profits.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older male teens may be drawn to the film for its action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, pervasive language, drug content, and brief sexuality.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.