(2013) (Sandra Bullock, George Clooney) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: Two astronauts must contend with ending up stranded in orbit when debris destroys their spacecraft, kills the rest of the crew and cuts off communication back to Earth.
- Ryan Stone (SANDRA BULLOCK) is a mission specialist onboard a space shuttle trip to repair the Hubble Telescope. Out on a spacewalk to do that work, Ryan -- who only has six months of training -- must not only contend with motion sickness due to the lack of gravity, but also the constant yammering of commander Matt Kowalski (GEORGE CLOONEY) who's on his last mission before retiring and is flying about using a jetpack. Their work is interrupted with a sudden abort command from Houston control, all due to debris from a destroyed Russian satellite and a resultant chain reaction with other orbiting equipment now headed their way.
Before they can get inside, the debris strikes the shuttle, instantly killing the rest of the crew, all while sending Ryan spinning out of control. Matt manages to rescue her, but with all communication back to Earth now lost, the two are on their own. With her oxygen levels decreasing and his jet pack about out of fuel, they attempt to make a perilous journey to the International Space Station where they hope they can use its escape pod to return back to Earth.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Preteens might not want to (unless they're into movies about space and astronauts, etc.), but I imagine a fair number of teens will be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense perilous sequences, some disturbing images and brief strong language.
To continue reading the review and all of the highly detailed, scene-by-scene listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories):
I have subscribed to ScreenIt for more than a decade. I check in every week to take advantage of their amazing services. Not only does their site provide a glimpse of exactly what content a movie offers, I've found the “Our Take” reviews and ratings for each movie to be right on the money every single time. I've referred dozens of friends to this service because my #1 resource for deciding whether or not to show a movie to my kids, or to see one myself, is ScreenIt.com!
Director, State of CA Public Sector
I signed up to get Screen It weekly reviews a long time ago, when my kids were young and I wanted to know more about movies before we went to a theater or rented. Now one child is in law school, other in undergraduate, and I still read the weekly Screen Its! It helps me know what my husband and I want to see or rent, and what to have waiting at home that we all will enjoy when my "kids" come home. I depend on Screen It reviews. They usually just present the facts and let me decide if the movie is appropriate or of interest for my family and me. Thank you for providing that service, Screen It!
Winston Salem, NC
I have 4 children who are now in college. I signed up for Screen It when my children were pre-teenagers. Often my children would ask to see a movie with a friend and I wished I could preview the movie prior to giving permission. A friend told me about ScreenIt.com and I found it to be the next best thing to previewing a movie. The amount of violence, sexual content, or language were always concerns for me and my husband as we raised innocent kids with morals. We constantly fought the peer pressure our kids received to see films that in our opinion were questionable. With the evidence we received at Screen It, our kids couldn't even fight us when we felt a film may have been inappropriate for them to watch. Thank you, Screen It. Continue to make this helpful service available to everyone, but especially the young parents.
Machesney Park, IL
Screenit.com is an amazing resource for parents, educators, church groups or anyone who wants to make an informed decision whether a movie is suitable for their viewing. The reviews and content descriptions are so detailed I am mystified how the reviewers can put them together.
I love screen It! I don't know what I would do without it. It is well worth the membership. Before we take our son to the movies we check it out on screen it first. Thank you SO much for making it. Keep up the good work & keep 'em coming!!!
Moreno Valley California
Other new and recent reviews include:
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2016 Screen It, Inc.