(2013) (Ethan Hawke, Selena Gomez) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Thriller: When his wife is kidnapped, a former race car driver is forced to commandeer a young woman's car and ends up taking her along for the ride as he must follow the kidnapper's directions.
- Brent Magna (ETHAN HAWKE) is a former professional race car driver who burned out of that sport and turned to being a driver for hire, sometimes for illegal pursuits. But now he's given all of that up to spend time with his wife, Leanne (REBECCA BUDIG), in their home in Sofia, Bulgaria. When he returns home right before Christmas, he finds the place ransacked and Leanne gone. He then gets a call from The Voice (voice of JON VOIGHT) who informs Brent that if he doesn't follow his every direction, he'll kill his wife.
The first is to steal a Shelby Cobra and lead the local police on a wild chase that endangers lots of people's lives. Due to cameras mounted inside and on the car and by using a GPS tracker, The Voice is able to know exactly where Brent is and what he's doing, all while occasionally giving him vocal commands via calls to the car's phone service. Things get more complicated when The Kid (SELENA GOMEZ) seemingly tries to carjack Brent at gunpoint. He's able to disarm her and The Voice instructs Brent that he must now take The Kid along with him.
From that point on and following additional commands that lead to new quests, Brent and The Kid form an unlikely and initially antagonistic partnership as they try to figure out who The Voice is and what he wants, all while hoping to keep Leanne alive.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of Hawke or Gomez and/or films featuring chase scenes and fast cars.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense action, violence and mayhem throughout, some rude gestures, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.