"DESPICABLE ME 2"
(2013) (voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Comedy: A reformed super-villain tries to discover who's stolen a powerful serum, all while raising three daughters and falling in love with his partner.
- Having previously shrunken, stolen and then returned the Moon to its rightful place, former super-villain Gru (voice of STEVE CARELL) has given up the life as a bad guy. Instead, he's now a family man raising his three adopted daughters, Margo (voice of MIRANDA COGROVE), Edith (voice of DANA GAIER) and Agnes (voice of ELSIE FISHER), while starting a jam and jelly business. While he's happy, his evil scientist assistant, Dr. Nefario (voice of RUSSELL BRAND), misses doing something evil and thus takes a job with another villain. Even with him gone, Gru still has plenty of help around in the form of his many yellow-skinned and rambunctious minions.
Unbeknownst to Gru, someone has stolen a secret serum that can turn any creature or person into a nearly unstoppable monster. Accordingly, the Anti Villain League has sent Agent Lucy Wilde (voice of KRISTEN WIIG) to kidnap and return Gru to headquarters where he's given the assignment to work with Lucy in finding the perp who's believed to be operating from an establishment in a local mall. Arriving there, they scope out the various potential suspects, with Gru believing that Mexican restaurant owner Eduardo (voice of BENJAMIN BRATT) might be a former super villain. But he has even bigger concerns when that man's smooth operating teenager, Antonio (voice of MOISES ARIAS), sets his sights on Margo and sweeps her off her feet.
While having to deal with that, Gru and Lucy try to determine if Eduardo is their man and how to stop him and his army of serum-fueled monsters.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They definitely will if they're fans of the original film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor and mild action.
To continue reading the review and all of the highly detailed, scene-by-scene listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories):
I have subscribed to ScreenIt for more than a decade. I check in every week to take advantage of their amazing services. Not only does their site provide a glimpse of exactly what content a movie offers, I've found the “Our Take” reviews and ratings for each movie to be right on the money every single time. I've referred dozens of friends to this service because my #1 resource for deciding whether or not to show a movie to my kids, or to see one myself, is ScreenIt.com!
Director, State of CA Public Sector
I signed up to get Screen It weekly reviews a long time ago, when my kids were young and I wanted to know more about movies before we went to a theater or rented. Now one child is in law school, other in undergraduate, and I still read the weekly Screen Its! It helps me know what my husband and I want to see or rent, and what to have waiting at home that we all will enjoy when my "kids" come home. I depend on Screen It reviews. They usually just present the facts and let me decide if the movie is appropriate or of interest for my family and me. Thank you for providing that service, Screen It!
Winston Salem, NC
I have 4 children who are now in college. I signed up for Screen It when my children were pre-teenagers. Often my children would ask to see a movie with a friend and I wished I could preview the movie prior to giving permission. A friend told me about ScreenIt.com and I found it to be the next best thing to previewing a movie. The amount of violence, sexual content, or language were always concerns for me and my husband as we raised innocent kids with morals. We constantly fought the peer pressure our kids received to see films that in our opinion were questionable. With the evidence we received at Screen It, our kids couldn't even fight us when we felt a film may have been inappropriate for them to watch. Thank you, Screen It. Continue to make this helpful service available to everyone, but especially the young parents.
Machesney Park, IL
Screenit.com is an amazing resource for parents, educators, church groups or anyone who wants to make an informed decision whether a movie is suitable for their viewing. The reviews and content descriptions are so detailed I am mystified how the reviewers can put them together.
I love screen It! I don't know what I would do without it. It is well worth the membership. Before we take our son to the movies we check it out on screen it first. Thank you SO much for making it. Keep up the good work & keep 'em coming!!!
Moreno Valley California
Other new reviews available this week include:
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2016 Screen It, Inc.