(2013) (Will Smith, Jaden Smith) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Science-Fiction: A father and son crash-land their spaceship on a future Earth devoid of humans and now ruled by savage beasts.
- Approximately 1,000 years in our future, humanity has fled Earth after polluting and thus causing critical damage to the planet. We have since resettled on another world thanks to the bravery of the Rangers military service led by General Cypher Raige (WILL SMITH). Cypher has become legendary for being able to battle the new world's fearsome alien beasts known as Ursas by showing no fear whatsoever (the creatures can sense fear via a pheromone we secrete).
Unfortunately, his military service has taken him away from his family for long stretches. During one of his long tours of duty, he wasn't there when an Ursa attacked their household and killed his teenage daughter, Senshi (ZOE KRAVITZ), who gave her life to save her brother Kitai's (JADEN SMITH). Kitai is haunted by her death, which he watched unfold before him as a 9-year-old boy. Faia (SOPHIE OKONEDO), Cypher's wife and Kitai's mother, encourages father and son to go on a mission together into space - Cypher's last before he retires.
Unfortunately, their spaceship runs into a freak asteroid storm, forcing them to crash-land on Earth. In 10 centuries, the planet has become a dangerous world ruled over by ferocious beasts of all types. At the same time, the Raiges' ship had been carrying an Ursa that gets loose after the crash-landing. With Cypher gravely wounded, Kitai must make the arduous, 100-kilometer trek to a second wreckage site where he can activate a homing beacon and wait for a rescue.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens and tweens will be drawn to the film thanks to its teenage star, Jaden Smith; the PG-13 rating; and promise of sci-fi action.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi action violence and some disturbing images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2017 Screen It, Inc.