- It's an animated film about a talking dog and his boy, so what sort of content could be in this? Read our review to find out the details behind the PG rating.
- It's the sequel to the 2007 surprise hit, but how does it compare to the original in terms of violence, sex and more? Check out our review for the answers.
- Liam Neeson is back in butt-kicking form in this action pic set on a plane. Is the violence too much for the PG-13 rating. Our review will let you know.
- You're probably wondering if the Crucifixion is as graphic as that in "The Passion of the Christ." Read our review for the details on that and more.
- It's an Oscar nominated film that's animated but not targeted at younger kids. If you're still interested, check out our review for the details behind the PG-13 rating.
- It's surprisingly good, but there is a fair amount of action violence and other PG-rated material. If you have young kids, you'll probably want to read our review.
- Things are heating up in this disaster film. Find out what's present -- beyond the volcano blowing its top -- in this PG-13 flick.
- Kevin Costner goes Liam Neeson, sort of, in this somewhat goofy action flick. Find out if the violence (and more) pushes the PG-13 rating.
- Robocop gets a makeover, but this time the new version is rated PG-13 rather than R. Should you still be concerned?
- The old Rob Lowe/Demi Moore romantic dramedy gets a contemporary remake in this very R-rated film.
- Young romance equals lots of fooling around in this remake aimed at younger girls who fall for this sort of material. You'll definitely want to read our review.
- Looks like Mr. Farrell has run afoul of Mr. Crowe in this odd hybrid of a movie. Check out the review if you're concerned about the content.
- George Clooney leads an all-star cast in this WWII flick that's been rated PG-13. Check out our review if you want to know the reasons for that rating.
- Ice Cube and Kevin Hart do the mismatched "buddy cop" duo thing in this PG-13 comedy. Read our review to find out what sort of content is in it.
- It's Disney's best animated musical in years. Check out the review if you're concerned about the content in this PG-rated film.
- It's an R-rated romantic comedy, but do you know how much sex, profanity and more is present? You will if you read our review.
- It's a talking animals movie aimed at kids, but it is rated PG, so should you be concerned for younger viewers? Find out here.
- It's one of the best films of 2013, but it's also very R-rated. Check out our review for all of the details.
- It's the latest from Martin Scorsese and it may just set a record for a certain category we note. Check out our review to find out what that is.
- Streep and Roberts deliver Oscar worthy performances in this strong family drama. Check out our review to find out why the film got an R rating.
- It's another Oscar favorite, but the R rating is well-deserved. Read our review to find out why.
- It's the sequel that most everyone apparently wants to see. You'll want to read our review to learn about the violence as well as a disrobing scene and more.
- Judi Dench delivers yet another Oscar worthy performance in this true-life tale that had its rating changed from R to PG-13 without any edits. Check out our review for the details.
- This award contender is rated R for "language." We'll give you the profanity count and more about this black and white dramedy.
- It contains not one, but two Oscar nomination worthy performances, but it's also filled with lots of R-rated material. If you're concerned, read the review for the details.
- It's one of the best films of the year, but it's also unflinching and quite brutal at times. You'll definitely want to read our review if you're squeamish or are concerned about nudity, sexual content and more.
- It's something to behold on the big screen, but this could be very intense for kids -- and even many adults. We'll give you the details you need to know in our review.
- Tom Hanks plays the title character in this PG-13 dramatic thriller. Read our review to see if the violence heads into R-rated territory or not.
Hi, I'm Jim Judy, founder and lead reviewer of Screen It, and I bet you're a lot like other parents who want to enjoy a movie with your family.
You want to feel good that you made the right choice for yourself, or allowing your son to go see a movie with his pals, or your daughter to watch a video over at her friends' house.
But you're suspicious because the commercials and MPAA movie ratings don't really tell you what you need to know and you've been embarrassed or even shocked in the past by what showed up on the screen, or by the language that was used.
And you got mad, yanked everyone out of the theater or turned off the TV, and then no one was happy.
Imagine, though, if you had a way to pre-screen a movie they or their friends want them to see...and you could instantly tell exactly how much bad content was in it? Where you could see how much sex or nudity was present? How much violence? Profanity? Drug Use?
If You're Ready to Find Out Exactly What's in the Movies Your Kids are Watching, click the Add to Cart button below, or Keep Reading For More Details about Our Service.
If you're a busy mom or dad trying to balance a job, raise the kids, keep the house clean and do all of the other requirements of today's busy parent, you really don't have the time or energy to go watch a movie first.
With just a few clicks of your mouse, however, you'll have instant access to thousands of in-depth reviews listing all of the content you might find objectionable. Never blindly send your kids to a movie again or just let the DVD player babysit them.
I credit Screen It with helping me to raise daughters
When I first discovered Screen It years ago, I felt it was a godsend. The ratings provided by the MPAA can be misleading. When my girls were teenagers, Screen It helped me identify PG-13 movies that were inappropriate for them. I credit Screen It with helping me to raise daughters that have not been fed a steady diet of foul language and sexual behavior.I gladly paid my subscription fee each year. Every parent should have this tool.
Big Bear City, CA
Mother of 2
If you're an empty-nester (and the kids have grown up and left the house), or if you're someone who simply doesn't want to be exposed to something objectionable when you're watching a movie or DVD, simply log in to our site, look up a title, and check out the amazing amount of details that will prevent you from being surprised, embarrassed or feeling that you've wasted your time and money.
The only source we use to research movies
The only source we use to research movies is ScreenItplus. We can read about all the current releases, plus many from the past. We can determine if the movie may be appealing to our tastes; how many times certain curse words are used; how many sex scenes and how explicit; how much violence and what kind, etc.
SCREEN IT is not just for families with children. Ours are long gone. I'm a 75 year old senior. My wife and I had to stop going to the movies theaters for one simple reason; we couldn't fast forward past the over-the-top immoral parts and terrible language.
We use ScreenItPlus to guide us in online rental of DVDs. When SceenIt first began our hope was that it would thrive. It appears that it has. Alleluia!
Author; Wings of Forever, a novel.
You can also save a lot of money with such knowledge.
The average movie ticket price is now $8, with nighttime shows costing up to $15 and more (especially when shown in 3D and/or IMAX). Throw in popcorn (sometimes $10 a bag) and sodas ($5 or more per cup), and a family of four can spend close to $100.
A subscription to our Member Site - less than 13 cents a day -- can save you lots of money over the course of a year and eliminate the worry that you or your kids are going to hear or see something inappropriate.
What You'll Get:
- More than 150 New Reviews each year, plus immediate access to thousands of reviews of older titles.
- At-A-Glance Content Summary -- Easy & Immediate way to see the content in 15 categories.
- 15 Categories of Content -- All instances of Sex, Profanity, Violence and more are broken down, scene by scene, so you know exactly what's present.
- Our Word to Parents -- A several paragraph summary of the content found in the movie.
- Our Take -- An artistic review of the film and whether it's Oscar worthy or a dog.
- And much, much more...
With Screen It, you get all of this and more. And it doesn't matter if you're a busy mom, a single dad, a married couple, a grandparent, or someone who simply wants to avoid bad content, our reviews will give you every detail you need to know.
Why Should You Trust Us?
For starters, we've been doing this since 1996 and more than 23,000 people have signed up since then to protect their kids or themselves from content they don't want to see.
We've been featured in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Parade Magazine, The Washington Post, and countless other publications, TV shows and radio programs, resulting in more than a million people visiting our site each year as their source for informed movie reviews.
We're also accredited members of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, the Washington, D.C. Area Film Critics Association, and the Online Film Critics Society.
Screen it helps us make more educated decisions
Screen it helps us make more educated decisions about what videos we see at the theaters, rent, or buy. It has easily saved us the cost of a full year membership and has enabled us to become more sensitive to violent, crude, sexual, or thoughtless media. We have found this an incredible tool that we wish was available for other avenues of entertainment.
Mother of 5
Okay, So What's The Cost For This Amazing Resource?
Well, realize that it takes more than 10 hours for one of our reviewers to see and write up a review of just one film. If you hired someone even at minimum wage to do just one review for you, that would cost you $72.50. If you hired a professional movie reviewer, it would cost many times that. And if you had that minimum wage reviewer do one review each month, that would equal $870 in one year.
If you did it yourself, and spent $10 per movie ticket each month, that would equal $120 per year. And that doesn't include what your time is worth.
Save your time and money with our monthly subscription plan -- that includes instant access to new reviews each week and thousands more in our archives -- at a bargain of just $7.95 per month (in our recurring plan). The money you save from not having to walk out of movies (carrying all of that expensive popcorn and sodas) or buying tickets to watch them yourself first will far more than pay for our service.
Or, save more than 50% off the monthly plan with our annual membership that costs just $47. That's less than one dollar per week to save you time and wasted money.
Unconditional 100% Money Back Guarantee!
We're so confident that you'll save time and money while gaining peace of mind about what you and your kids see that we offer a no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee if you're not 100% satisfied with our service. Use it Risk-Free for thirty (30) days and if you're not happy, we'll refund your entire membership fee without any questions, hassles or problems.
There is absolutely no risk whatsoever on your part. It's up to us to deliver the most useful, highly detailed and ultra-informative content reviews available anywhere. In fact, if at any time you feel you're not getting complete value from your membership, I want you to ask for your money back. Really.
I truly believe you'll find our reviews the easiest and quickest to use, with the most detailed information available anywhere, all to make your job as a parent better.
And if you're an empty-nester or just someone concerned about the content in what Hollywood creates, you'll get complete peace of mind with what we have to offer you.
You have my word on that -- not to mention that great, no-risk, money back guarantee.
So go ahead and sign up and I'll see you on the inside.
Have a great day!
Founder, President & Lead Reviewer
Screen It, Inc.
p.s. Remember, as I explained above, you'll have instant peace of mind once and for all regarding what you and your family will see in the movies.
See you on the inside!