- Pierce Brosnan returns to the spy genre in this very R-rated flick. Take a look at our review for all of the details.
- Don't touch that! Oh well, she's about to unleash the "bloody violence/terror" that helps this flick earn its R rating. Find out about that and more with our review.
- It's the latest adaptation of an Elmore Leonard novel, and this one arrives with an R rating. If you're concerned, check out our review first.
- It's yet another superhero movie from Marvel. Should you expect the same sort of material or maybe something different in this PG-13 rated film? Read our review and find out.
- The turtles return to the big screen and bring more violence with them this time around. Is it too much for younger viewers? What about the other content?
- It's yet another movie based on a young adult novel. Is it okay for younger teens? Read our review and we'll let you know.
- This sequel features a lot of stylized violence, nudity, sex and more. You'll definitely want to read our review before anyone in your home sees this one.
- It's a PG-rated football drama. How bad could the content be? Well, there's a murder...
- The aged gang is all back, but this time the action comes in the shape of a PG-13 rating rather than the previous films' and their R ratings. Does that mean the violence is okay this time around? Check out our review for the details.
- It's based on a popular novel for kids, but should you be concerned about the PG-13 rating (especially with some scenes of violence and related thematic material)?
- They're laughing, but you might not be regarding this film and it's decidedly R-rated content. Read our review for the details.
- Just how scary are the tornado scenes in this disaster flick? Check out our review and we'll let you know.
- The dancing continues in this umpteenth sequel, once again without any Tatum. Read our review if you're worried about the suggestive material or anything else.
- It's a food-based romantic comedy with a PG rating. Should you be concerned? You'll want to check our review to find out.
- It's rated PG-13 for "sexual content, drug use, some strong language, and violent situations." Check out our review for those details and more.
- It has some great commercials, but how violent is this action pic? What about the other content?
- The Rock stars in this latest swords and sandals action pic that features plenty of violence. Does that push the PG-13 rating? Read our review to find out.
- This latest dramedy is aimed at moviegoers aged 50 and above, but it still contains some risque material. Check out our review if you're concerned.
- You can probably guess by the title that this is an R-rated comedy, but can you guess what sort of sexual content, nudity and more is in the film?
- Younger kids might want to see this sequel, but do you need to be concerned about the PG rating?
- The killing continues in this sequel that easily earns its R rating. Read our review to see the details about that and more.
- The apes are back and so is the violence in this PG-13 rated action flick. If you're concerned about that, the profanity and more, make sure to check out our review.
- The robots are back and bigger than ever, as is the sci-fi violence and lingering shots of shapely young women. See all of those details and more in our review.
- Melissa McCarthy continues playing the same obnoxious character type in this R-rated comedy. Check out the review for the details about the sexual content, profanity and more.
- The attempted scares are plentiful in this demonic possession pic, but so is the R-rated material. Read our review for the details.
- The Tony Award winning play gets the big screen treatment along with an R rating. Read our review to find out what's present that earns that rating.
- This sequel is rated PG-13 for "crude sexual content including references, partial nudity, language and drug material." Read our review for all of the details.
- Hiccup, Toothless and everyone else returns in this sequel that has some moments and material that could be disturbing and scary to younger viewers. Our review will give you all the details you need to know.
- Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill return in this sequel, as does much of the R-rated material. Check out our review if you're concerned about that content.
- It's a tearjerker read by millions and now arrives in the form of a PG-13 film. Should you be worried? Read our review and find out.
- It's the prequel of sorts of "Sleeping Beauty," but is this PG-rated fantasy film too intense for really young kids? Check out our review and find out.
- It's a sci-fi version of "Groundhog Day" with plenty of violence to go around. Find out if that pushes the limits of the PG-13 rating by reading our review.
- Something's cooking in this dramedy about a chef, but what's with the R rating? We'll let you know inside our review.
Hi, I'm Jim Judy, founder and lead reviewer of Screen It, and I bet you're a lot like other parents who want to enjoy a movie with your family.
You want to feel good that you made the right choice for yourself, or allowing your son to go see a movie with his pals, or your daughter to watch a video over at her friends' house.
But you're suspicious because the commercials and MPAA movie ratings don't really tell you what you need to know and you've been embarrassed or even shocked in the past by what showed up on the screen, or by the language that was used.
And you got mad, yanked everyone out of the theater or turned off the TV, and then no one was happy.
Imagine, though, if you had a way to pre-screen a movie they or their friends want them to see...and you could instantly tell exactly how much bad content was in it? Where you could see how much sex or nudity was present? How much violence? Profanity? Drug Use?
If You're Ready to Find Out Exactly What's in the Movies Your Kids are Watching, click the Add to Cart button below, or Keep Reading For More Details about Our Service.
If you're a busy mom or dad trying to balance a job, raise the kids, keep the house clean and do all of the other requirements of today's busy parent, you really don't have the time or energy to go watch a movie first.
With just a few clicks of your mouse, however, you'll have instant access to thousands of in-depth reviews listing all of the content you might find objectionable. Never blindly send your kids to a movie again or just let the DVD player babysit them.
I credit Screen It with helping me to raise daughters
When I first discovered Screen It years ago, I felt it was a godsend. The ratings provided by the MPAA can be misleading. When my girls were teenagers, Screen It helped me identify PG-13 movies that were inappropriate for them. I credit Screen It with helping me to raise daughters that have not been fed a steady diet of foul language and sexual behavior.I gladly paid my subscription fee each year. Every parent should have this tool.
Big Bear City, CA
Mother of 2
If you're an empty-nester (and the kids have grown up and left the house), or if you're someone who simply doesn't want to be exposed to something objectionable when you're watching a movie or DVD, simply log in to our site, look up a title, and check out the amazing amount of details that will prevent you from being surprised, embarrassed or feeling that you've wasted your time and money.
The only source we use to research movies
The only source we use to research movies is ScreenItplus. We can read about all the current releases, plus many from the past. We can determine if the movie may be appealing to our tastes; how many times certain curse words are used; how many sex scenes and how explicit; how much violence and what kind, etc.
SCREEN IT is not just for families with children. Ours are long gone. I'm a 75 year old senior. My wife and I had to stop going to the movies theaters for one simple reason; we couldn't fast forward past the over-the-top immoral parts and terrible language.
We use ScreenItPlus to guide us in online rental of DVDs. When SceenIt first began our hope was that it would thrive. It appears that it has. Alleluia!
Author; Wings of Forever, a novel.
You can also save a lot of money with such knowledge.
The average movie ticket price is now $8, with nighttime shows costing up to $15 and more (especially when shown in 3D and/or IMAX). Throw in popcorn (sometimes $10 a bag) and sodas ($5 or more per cup), and a family of four can spend close to $100.
A subscription to our Member Site - less than 13 cents a day -- can save you lots of money over the course of a year and eliminate the worry that you or your kids are going to hear or see something inappropriate.
What You'll Get:
- More than 150 New Reviews each year, plus immediate access to thousands of reviews of older titles.
- At-A-Glance Content Summary -- Easy & Immediate way to see the content in 15 categories.
- 15 Categories of Content -- All instances of Sex, Profanity, Violence and more are broken down, scene by scene, so you know exactly what's present.
- Our Word to Parents -- A several paragraph summary of the content found in the movie.
- Our Take -- An artistic review of the film and whether it's Oscar worthy or a dog.
- And much, much more...
With Screen It, you get all of this and more. And it doesn't matter if you're a busy mom, a single dad, a married couple, a grandparent, or someone who simply wants to avoid bad content, our reviews will give you every detail you need to know.
Why Should You Trust Us?
For starters, we've been doing this since 1996 and more than 23,000 people have signed up since then to protect their kids or themselves from content they don't want to see.
We've been featured in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Parade Magazine, The Washington Post, and countless other publications, TV shows and radio programs, resulting in more than a million people visiting our site each year as their source for informed movie reviews.
We're also accredited members of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, the Washington, D.C. Area Film Critics Association, and the Online Film Critics Society.
Screen it helps us make more educated decisions
Screen it helps us make more educated decisions about what videos we see at the theaters, rent, or buy. It has easily saved us the cost of a full year membership and has enabled us to become more sensitive to violent, crude, sexual, or thoughtless media. We have found this an incredible tool that we wish was available for other avenues of entertainment.
Mother of 5
Okay, So What's The Cost For This Amazing Resource?
Well, realize that it takes more than 10 hours for one of our reviewers to see and write up a review of just one film. If you hired someone even at minimum wage to do just one review for you, that would cost you $72.50. If you hired a professional movie reviewer, it would cost many times that. And if you had that minimum wage reviewer do one review each month, that would equal $870 in one year.
If you did it yourself, and spent $10 per movie ticket each month, that would equal $120 per year. And that doesn't include what your time is worth.
Save your time and money with our monthly subscription plan -- that includes instant access to new reviews each week and thousands more in our archives -- at a bargain of just $7.95 per month (in our recurring plan). The money you save from not having to walk out of movies (carrying all of that expensive popcorn and sodas) or buying tickets to watch them yourself first will far more than pay for our service.
Or, save more than 50% off the monthly plan with our annual membership that costs just $47. That's less than one dollar per week to save you time and wasted money.
Unconditional 100% Money Back Guarantee!
We're so confident that you'll save time and money while gaining peace of mind about what you and your kids see that we offer a no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee if you're not 100% satisfied with our service. Use it Risk-Free for thirty (30) days and if you're not happy, we'll refund your entire membership fee without any questions, hassles or problems.
There is absolutely no risk whatsoever on your part. It's up to us to deliver the most useful, highly detailed and ultra-informative content reviews available anywhere. In fact, if at any time you feel you're not getting complete value from your membership, I want you to ask for your money back. Really.
I truly believe you'll find our reviews the easiest and quickest to use, with the most detailed information available anywhere, all to make your job as a parent better.
And if you're an empty-nester or just someone concerned about the content in what Hollywood creates, you'll get complete peace of mind with what we have to offer you.
You have my word on that -- not to mention that great, no-risk, money back guarantee.
So go ahead and sign up and I'll see you on the inside.
Have a great day!
Founder, President & Lead Reviewer
Screen It, Inc.
p.s. Remember, as I explained above, you'll have instant peace of mind once and for all regarding what you and your family will see in the movies.
See you on the inside!